If you’re feeling anything like I am, the days are just flying at you left and right and it seems impossible to keep up. I like to pride myself on thinking ahead to prepare something thoughtful for my family and friends for special occasions, but with everything going lately, Mother’s Day has snuck up on me this year! Unfortunately, I know my mom is reading this (sorry Momma!), but I also know I can’t be the only one in this predicament, so here a few last minute ideas to treat her for Mother’s Day that y0u can totally pull off in the next two days!
- Massage/manicure: Even if you don’t rely on her so much anymore, you know she has done a lot over the years for you, so let her pamper herself. You could either schedule an appointment for the two of you or get her a gift card. If you’re in the Boston area, Miniluxe is my favorite for manicures, and étant is the best for massages!
- Brunch: Remember all those mornings Mom had breakfast ready and waiting for you? I sure do, and even though I didn’t always want to eat it then, I can appreciate all the effort she put in to make me feel provided for and taken care of. Make her brunch or breakfast in bed. Maybe bring her a mimosa in the morning – I don’t know many moms who would be disappointed by that.
- Flowers: A no brainer. They bring such happiness and cheer to everyone. Instead of going to the florist, try getting a few bunches of affordable flowers from the grocery store (Trader Joe’s has the best flowers) and crafting your own bouquet. Just wrap them up in some pretty paper and tie with a bow! Arranging flowers is one of my favorite activities (in my next life I will open a flower shop) and Mom will love it even more knowing that you put it together.
- Bake: There are few things a mother loves more than homemade treats. If your mom loves to bake, then you likely have fond childhood memories of baking together. Whip up a batch of one of her favorites so you can both reminisce. My mom loves these doughnuts and these cookies!
- NORDSTROM!!: It’s a little late to order online now, even with overnight shipping, but if you have a few minutes pop into your local Nordstrom (or Bloomingdales or any department store really), here are my top picks for Mom:
Wishing a very Happy Mother’s Day to all the loving and caring Momma’s out there!