2018 is going to be a great year – I just know it!
Looking forward to the coming year, I want to set specific goals that are realistic and that are within reach. This post is a few days overdue, but I really wanted to be thoughtful about my goals this year. Usually, I set far too many goals, or I set unrealistic goals and then just end up feeling a bit disappointed when I cannot meet them. I’ve never really shared my goals on here before, but my aim is that by doing so, I will be better about holding myself accountable!
Here are my main, top priority goals:
- Get good grades!
- I guess this goes without saying, but as a full-time grad student, this is my number one priority! A few areas I’m going to work on to make sure I’m happy with my GPA this semester are: setting time aside each day for studying and NOT trying to multitask (i.e., not trying to laundry at the same time or watching a show in the background). I want to spend a few hours each day without being distracted. I have a certain goal GPA in mind, but I’m going to keep that private for now 😉
- Stick to a workout plan!
- Last year I started BBG in the summer, but once school started I really just stopped working out altogether. I already wrote my workouts on my Google calendar for each day in the coming, so here’s to making sure to actually honor the plan. My aim is to wake up early before classes to get my workouts in, but I know this means going to bed at a reasonable hour.
- Not fall asleep watching TV at night!
- I am SO bad at letting myself do this. Even though the TV shuts off on its own eventually, I know I’m not getting the good night’s sleep I need. Along with my first goal – I’m going to avoid doing things while watching TV, because I know I’m not as efficient at whatever task I’m working on while the TV is on. Plus the earlier I can get to sleep, the better I will be about waking up for my workouts.
- Stick to a blogging schedule!
- I get overambitious and wish I could post every day, but with school, it just isn’t possible. My goal is to schedule posts for 3 times a week and to stick to it. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday will be the aim, but as long as I can get my posts up 3 times a week, I will be happy!
Here are some softer goals that I hope to work on in the background:
- Improve my photography.
- I took a class at the New England School of Photography a few years ago, but I want to keep learning via YouTube and Lynda courses and practicing in my spare time.
- Grow my Instagram.
- This year I didn’t focus on Instagram as much because I wanted to focus more on my actual website. It is easy to be worried at times when putting all your eggs in one basket (i.e., Instagram) when you don’t own the platform. With the redesign of my website (a platform I actually own), I feel it is in a better place for me to continue focusing on social media channels.
What are you working on this year?